When you apply for and receive membership of any of The Wise Traveller (TWT) programs, the following Terms and Conditions shall apply:
- It is understood that TWT provides a travel-related membership program only which includes a variety of third-party products and/or services as complimentary inclusions depending upon the level & type of program applied and paid for in full.
- Membership is valid for one (1) calendar year from the date full payment is received and membership is confirmed with the provision of an individual Membership Number.
- Membership approval is at the sole discretion of TWT in conjunction with the terms and conditions governing each of the individual products and/or services offered under any relevant program by third-party vendors.
- Membership subscriptions are not refundable once membership has been approved. Any refunds offered are at the sole discretion of TWT and where offered will be subject to a reasonable deduction for costs incurred, services already provided, administration and or processing.
- The products and services provided within each membership program may vary from time to time, but whilst giving no guarantee nor undertaking, TWT shall exercise all reasonable endeavours to ensure they remain available for use throughout the term of membership.
- Where all or any of the said products and services are provided and managed by a third-party vendor, all subsisting rights, liabilities and obligations shall remain fully vested in that vendor and TWT cannot accept any responsibility nor liability for their enforcement, breach or non-performance.
- The use or non-use of any product or service offered as part of the relevant program is at the sole discretion of the Member.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Member to understand and comply with such terms & conditions as may be imposed by all or any of the said vendors and the Member shall indemnify and hold TWT harmless against any claims, loss or damage caused by the Member’s non-compliance or breach of the applicable terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Member acknowledges and accepts that any and all claims against any third-party vendor of the products or services in question shall be brought and pursued against that vendor only in accordance with its terms and conditions of business and the Member shall deal directly with that vendor or vendors, as the case may, without any responsibility on TWT’s part to intervene or otherwise participate. Further the Member agrees TWT shall not be held liable should any claims be denied by the vendor(s) with regard to the products or services in question.
- TWT does not warrant, in any way, the quality of the said products or services and TWT is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, caused to the Member as a result of any defect in the product or non-performance of the service to be provided by all or any the third-party vendors.
- The individual brands, trademarks, logos and marks of each product or service are the property of and shall remain fully vested in the relevant vendor(s) and may only be used or applied in strict accordance with the policies and terms directed by the vendor(s).
- Where applicable, the Member should seek independent professional advice on the use of any products or service that may be offered in any program and the Member shall indemnify TWT for and against any and all loss or damage should that advice fail, be ignored or not sought out.
- TWT may from time to time engage resellers, agents and distributors in the marketing and promotion of its programs.
- Every effort is made to ensure that those resellers, agents and distributors so engaged shall promote TWT’s programs in the appropriate manner and in accordance with the applicable regulations and laws.
- As all resellers, agents and distributors are independent of TWT, TWT shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense incurred by the Member as a consequence of resellers’, agents’ and/or Distributors’ acts or omissions.
- TWT assumes no responsibility for injury, illness, damage, accident, loss, delay, death or irregularities that may be caused to the Member’s person or property. The Member understands and accepts all risks inherent in overseas travel.
- You agree that TWT reserves fully the right to update these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice, however any rights under law shall remain in effect where applicable.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and should any dispute arise between the Member and TWT, it shall be resolved amicably, failing which, referred to Singapore arbitration for final determination.
Article is closed for comments.