- Who we are:
This website, located at www.thewisetraveller.com, (hereafter the “site” or “website”) is owned by The Wise Traveller Pte Ltd., a limited liability company registered (201108119D) in Singapore and having its registered address at, 1 Scotts Road #24-10 Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208.
- Personal Data We Collect: The Wise Traveller collects different categories of data depending on the context of your interaction with our various websites (collective referred to as "website") and services. Personal Data refers to data or information which can be used, directly or indirectly, to establish the identity of a specific natural person. This includes for example name, phone and email but may also, subject to applicable laws, cover online identifiers which can reasonably identify a natural person. The Wise Traveller collect the following of data:
- Personal Data: The Wise Traveller website is freely accessible but to access the entire spectrum of travel-related services and benefits, we require users to register and create their individual profiles. To complete member registration, we will ask you to provide your full name and email address. If you contact us through web forms available on the site, we will collect your name, email and content of your message. In addition, you will have the opportunity to upload documents or digital media. Please be aware that by uploading documents or digital media on the site, you may be supplying to us other sensitive personal information contained in those documents and we ask you to be careful when doing so.
- Affiliate Business Information: The Wise Traveller operates The Wise Traveller Affiliate Program which helps to save the cost of travel. To register as our affiliate we may ask to provide the following information: Full name, email, phone number, company name and website.
- Payment Information: To complete your membership application, we require applicants to pay a membership fee. You may choose among several available membership plans. To complete your membership application, you may be asked to supply payment information which is necessary to confirm your order and verify your identity. The Wise Traveller uses Paypal, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa, and Direct Debit to process payments. To complete your order, these payment services providers may require you to supply details such as your full name, country, credit card information, and billing address as well as contact information. The Wise data does not collect or receive any of your credit card information.
- Feedback to The Wise Traveller: Occasionally, The Wise Traveller may provide its members with the opportunity to rate their experience about its services as well as travel destinations, amenities and services obtained through our platform. If you leave feedback or comments, we may collect that feedback to improve our working methods and services.
- Browsing data: The Wise Traveller’s website automatically registers certain data regarding how web visitors browse its website. This information is generated automatically using website tracking technologies such as cookies. Browsing data collected by our website may include data about errors encountered by visitors when trying to view the site, webpages clicked by the visitor, the IP address used by the visitor, the type of device used to view the website, and the time and date of visit.
- Information from third parties. As a product aggregator, we may receive data, including personal data, from insurers. The Wise Traveller may need this information for the purpose of managing member subscriptions or where appropriate, support with claims for benefits.
- Web analytics data: The Wise Traveller website may use third party web tracking and analytics tools to track, analyse and report on how the way users use our website. Tracking data may include information about which websites or ads refer visitors to the resources and services on our website, time spent on our website as well as pages viewed on the site. We may also use these services for the purpose of tracking the use of affiliate links under The Wise Traveller Affiliate Program.
- Cookies: What are cookies?
Our website uses first party cookies to enhance website navigation. A cookie is a minuscule text file which is saved on your device by a website’s server when you view the site. Cookies help our website to function smoothly and make it easy for you to navigate it. We use session cookies that help remember your browsing session. These cookies may also store and remember your log in information so that you can browse several pages on the site without having to log in every time you view a different page on the site. We also use session cookies which may also help to remember pages viewed on the site so as to be able to suggest related content or articles. Session cookies are temporary in nature and are automatically erased when you close your browser.
Please note that cookies do not collect or store personal data or install any programs on your device. We also use persistent cookies which help to remember user actions over a period of time. Persistent cookies help us to recognize your device when you visit the site again in the future.
If you do not want cookies to be saved on your device, you can delete them manually or configure your internet browser to delete or reject them.
- How we use Personal Data: The Wise Traveller processes only that personal data which is necessary for provisions of our services, performance of our legal and contractual obligations and whose processing is required in order to comply with a legal or statutory requirement. This data is used for the following specific purposes:
- Provide access to The Wise Traveller Services and Membership portal:
Personal information provided during account registration is used to create your user account and member profile and provide you with access to our aggregated travel-related products, services and benefits which includes travel insurance, car rental discounts, airport transfer services, medical insurance, and global roaming services. This information is used to manage your annual subscription as well as to deal with any claims relating to benefits provided by The Wise Traveller including but not limited to insurance coverage, medical evacuation and assistance or luggage compensation claims.
- Communication: We use your name and email address and, where appropriate, telephone number to communicate with you and respond to your claims, concerns or questions and provide information or clarification requested by you.
- Personalisation: We provide a wide range of travel-related content and information published on our blogs. We may therefore use website usage data provide content that is personalized or related to user’s preferences, interests or location.
- Improve and develop services: We use browsing information to understand how website performs. We use this information to audit the site and improve its appeal and functionality.
- Comply with legal requirements: We will process personal data as is necessary to conform with any legal or statutory requirements to which we are subject including for example to comply with a court order or lawful requests of governmental authorities.
- Security and Legal Compliance: The Wise Traveller may collect and use your personal data to the extent that is necessary for exercising or securing our legal rights and/or enforcing this Policy and our Terms and Conditions. We may also process data so as to protect the rights or interests of others and to prevent conduct that we deem fraudulent or unlawful.
- Marketing: To keep our users and members updated about travel-related products and services, we provide opportunity to subscribe to The Wise Traveller. If you would like to receive latest information and news about travel-related services and products, we will ask you to subscribe and consent to receive The Wise Traveller Newsletter. We will then use your email address to send marketing and promotion information to you as long as your consent subsists. We may also send some marketing information to you without your consent if we have another legal basis to do so including for example in the exercise of our legitimate interest to manage or improve our services and so long as you are a member of The Wise Traveller.
- Provide access to The Wise Traveller Services and Membership portal:
- Legal justification for Processing Personal Data: In processing personal data under this Policy, The Wise Traveller relies on the following legal bases:
- Performance of Contract: We will collect, use and keep some information which is necessary to perform a legal agreement between you and us, including for example a travel or medical insurance or other benefits purchased through
- The Wise Traveller. Consent: Where you provide consent for the use of certain personal information, for example newsletter subscription, we will process the personal data covered by consent until such time it is revoked or withdrawn.
- Legitimate Interest: We rely on the legitimate interest to develop and improve our business to use your contact information for marketing purposes as long as you remain a member of The Wise Traveller. We may therefore use your data for marketing purposes and send you information that we think would be of relevance to you as an existing member. The Wise Traveller will not use your data on this basis if that would pose a significant risk to your rights and freedoms which prevails over our legitimate interest.
- Compliance with the Law. In certain circumstances, The Wise Traveller may be required to collect or keep certain personal data so as to comply with applicable law. This may relate, for example, to sales tax laws or the investigation or prosecution of unlawful activity.
- How We Protect Personal Data: The Wise Traveller believes in personal privacy and the integrity and security of personal data. To promote data security, we have adopted administrative and technical measures to protect member’s personal data from theft or unauthorised access, acquisition, adaptation or dissemination. This includes the use of standard web encryption technology, regular malware scanning and use of strong passwords. Please note however that the internet is an evolving technology which is not immune from personal data breaches. While we promote the security of data, nothing in this policy shall be construed as making or offering warranty, express or implied, of data security.
- How we keep Personal Data: The Wise Traveller keeps personal data for as long as necessary to provide our services to you as a member or as otherwise required by applicable laws. Personal data relating to claims for benefits under any legal agreement will be kept until such claims are determined or in line with any applicable statute of limitation. Personal data which is no longer needed for the purposes identified above will be erased except where there is a legal basis for continued retention.
- Data Sharing and Disclosure: The Wise Traveller does not sell your personal data. We may however share certain personal data, in accordance with the law, to our agents and partners who have partnered with us to provide services to you. We may share certain data in the following situations
- Partners and service providers: Some of your personal data may be available to insurers who provide travel and medical insurance to you through The Wise Traveller. Personal data may also be shared with other providers whom we have contracted to provide administrative, technical support and member services.
- Business sale or asset transfer: Where The Wise Traveller is sold to another entity or where its assets are transferred, we may need to share certain personal data (e.g. member lists) which is necessary for executing such transactions.
- Compliance with the Law. In exceptional case, The Wise Traveller may be compelled to disclose personal data in response to a court order or request of law enforcement agencies.
- Links and Third Party Websites: Our website may contain links to other travel websites or websites of our affiliate partners. These websites are not owned or controlled by Wise Traveller Pte Ltd and we will not accept responsibility whatsoever for services, products, items or information provided on the sites linked herefrom. We will also not accept liability for information collected by those websites linked from Wise Traveller’s website. The links featured on the site are solely for convenience purposes and not an endorsement. If you click and follow the links, you assume all the risks associated or resulting from those links.
- International Transfers:
As a product aggregator, The Wise Traveller uses a wide range of third party services and products which may be located or hosted outside of your legal jurisdiction. If you a resident of the European Economic Area, this means your personal data may be processed outside of the EEA/EU. The Wise Traveller strives to ensure that all data collection, use and transfer comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws. The Wise Traveller also ensures that third-party agents who have access to our member’s data sign confidentiality and data processing agreements committing to promote the protection of the integrity of personal data and only use that data for the purposes outlined in this policy. Please note that by browsing the site and subscribing to our services, you are consenting that your personal data can be processed in Singapore or other jurisdictions.
- Your Data Rights: Subject to applicable data and privacy protection laws and regulations, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data collected in relation to your use of the site and services:
- Access to personal data: You have the right to know which data The Wise Traveller holds about you. This includes the right to obtain information about what categories of data we hold about you and the reasons for processing of such data.
- Correction of incorrect data: You have the right to ask The Wise Traveller to correct or rectify information about you which is incorrect or incomplete.
- Deletion of personal data: If you believe that personal data we no longer have a legal basis for handling your personal data or if the data is erroneous, you can request Wise Traveller to delete or erase that data.
- Restrict processing of personal data: In addition to rectification of personal data, you also have the right to limit processing of personal data. If, for example, you have requested for correction of inaccurate data, you can demand that the use of such data be restricted until the inaccuracy is rectified.
- Object to Processing: You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for certain purposes including for example direct marketing or profiling for marketing purposes. You may also object to data processing where we do not have a lawful basis for processing of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent: You also have the right to withdraw your consent for processing of your personal information in which case we may close your member account and delete such personal information which is related to your account.
- Changes to this Policy: Wise Traveller reserves the right, but not the obligation, to update or change any part of this Policy to be in line with our data processing routines and applicable laws. If we amend this Policy, the latest version of the Policy will be posted on this webpage. Wise Traveller will always do its best to inform you of any change in data processing practices that affects you as a data subject. We advise you to review this Policy from time to time.
- Governing Law : This Policy Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
- Contact information : For questions related to privacy and data protection or how to exercise your rights and choices under this policy, please contact via email at email@example.com or write to us at the address provided below:
The Wise Traveller Pte Ltd
1 Scotts Road
#24-10 Shaw Centre